When your little one gets to the age of exploring and walking, it will be best for you to protect them from doors that leads to the bathroom, backyard, kitchen, and other places that might not be safe for them. If it is difficult for them to reach door knobs, they stand at risk of locking the doors without having an adult around to look or protect them. You need the best child proof door knob covers to prevent your child from opening doors that only adults should open, and child proof door knobs are very safe since they are mostly made out of plastic. There are parents who do not see the need of having a child proof door knob cover, but this guide will explain why you should if you fall in the category of parents who don’t see the need.
Why You Need A Child Proof Door Knob Cover
If you have a toddler or toddlers at home, having a child proof door knob is the right thing for you to do because of the following reasons;
- It helps to keep toddlers out of places where you likely do not want them to be, and such areas include backyard, basement, bathrooms, kitchen, and the pool.
- Toddlers are likely to lock themselves in a room where you do not want them to be, or they might lock you out of a room where you want to be. A child proof door knob cover helps in preventing this.
- In some cases, a toddler might have his or her tiny finger stuck in the hinges or door knob. Another reason why you need a child proof door knob cover is to keep toddlers safe.
Sometimes, your little babies start getting very good at opening doors, and you need to adopt new measures to counter their new found behavior. Door knob covers are designed to go over door knobs, making it difficult for toddlers with little hands to open them up. They are recommended for parents who are afraid their little baby might eventually open and have access to rooms where they shouldn’t be in, or eventually wander off. There are so many child proof door knobs on the market, and choosing the right one is very important.
Best Child Proof Door Knob Covers – Buying Guide
Doors and door knobs are potentially dangerous for toddlers to have access to, and you will never know the importance of having a child proof door knob cover until you have a toddler in your house. Just like we mentioned earlier, there are so many reasons why you should have a child proof door knob cover installed on your door knob, but two main reasons why you should have them instead on your door knob is to ensure kids do not play and have access to some doors. They are also installed on door knobs to ensure they do not get injured while playing.
Failing to use baby proofing items like a child proof door knob cover means there is a very big tendency that your children would cut themselves, bruise themselves, get injured while playing with nails, and many other instances. No matter how overprotective parents are with their kids, there are moments where you might not have your eyes on them. When a moment like this come, parents will love to be sure that their kids are okay in their absence. Making the house entirely safe gives parents that peace of mind when they are away from their kids.
The truth about door knobs is various door knob covers are made using different types of rubber, and the child proof door knob cover you use depends on the what door knob you have in your house, and what you want to benefit from it. This guide on the best child proof door knob covers will make shopping easy for parents, so they can make their homes safe for toddlers.
Tips On Choosing The Best Child Proof Door Knob Covers
There are several door knob covers on the market that might make shopping very difficult for parents, but trust these tips to make the search easy for you.
- It is essential that you pick a door knob cover that is compatible with the door knob you have in your home, because not all safety covers will fit all the door knobs in your home
- Size should be another factor that you look out for when searching or a door knob cover, because you want a door knob cover that will properly fit the door knob. It should not be too small or too big, or the door will also be difficult for adults to open the door.
- Quality and safety should be considered when shopping for door knob covers, and they should be easy to fix and remove
- Reusable child proof door knob covers are ideal for babies
- Getting a value pack is cost-effective when shopping for a child proof door knob cover
- It is better for you to compare child proof door knob covers in terms of prices, types, and safety features
Best Child Proof Door Knob Covers Review
1. EUDEMON 4 Pack Baby Safety Door Knob Covers
The EUDEMON safety door knob covers boasts of the combination of a special double button design and soft material that boosts an increased level of friction with the door knob, and opening the door requires you to press the double button before turning the door knob. Installing this child proof door knob cover is very simple as it doesn’t require the use of special tools, and you can trust the installation process of this door knob to not cause any harm on your door. You need the EUDEMON door knob cover to make sure babies do not open some doors without adult supervision, and the EUDEMON door knob cover is made using safe materials that will not cause any harm for your baby.
- This product is very easy to use
- Its installation is fast and easy
- They don’t feel cheaply made
- Babies still found a way to open some doors despite installing this door knob cover
2. Door Knob Covers – 4 Pack
This door knob cover works effectively in deterring babies from getting locked in a room or opening certain doors where you don’t want them to be, and one interesting feature of this door knob is it is designed to be compatible with most standard spherical doors. What we love about this door knob cover is it will fit most door knobs than other products on the market, and this door knob comes with unobtrusive and subdued design that makes it fit or blends your room design. Finally, this door knob cover comes with a lifetime warranty.
- They are effective in keeping kids out of certain areas
- They fit just fine
- Their plastic material construction makes them safe
- It doesn’t stay firm on door knobs
3. QT BABY Universal Fit Door Knob Covers
The QT Baby universal fit door knob covers is one designed to keep babies safe, as it prevents babies from going into rooms where you will not want them to, and its special and universal design ensures it blends with the interior decoration of your room. It boasts of a double button design increases the friction between the door knob cover and the door knob, and this door is compatible with most standard spherical door knobs. This door knob cover has a very large size that won’t fit a baby’s hands, but it will be easy for adults to open. Installing and removing this door knob doesn’t require the use of any special tool.
- This is a great value door knob cover that is easy to use
- It offers parents peace of mind
- It is easy to install
- Not all parents found this door knob cover easy to use
4. Door Knob Safety Cover for Kids
This door knob cover from the GRENFU brand boasts of a new shape and structure that effectively stops kids from gaining access to so many areas of the house, and interestingly, this door knob cover comes with removal holes that makes it simple for adults to have access to doors. Kids will not be able to open door knobs with this door knob cover installed on them, and you can trust this door knob cover to be compatible with spherical door knobs. The size of its size holes increases, making it simple for adults to open this door, and parents don’t have anything to be worried about as this door knob is made using high-quality and safe materials. This door knob cover is free from pollution, odorless, and non-toxic.
- This door knob cover fits average and large size door knobs
- This is one of the easiest child proof door knob covers on the market
- It keeps babies safe and out of restricted rooms
- Aligning this door knob cover is a bit difficult
5. Little Chicks Door Knob Covers
The little chicks door knob covers is one designed to snap into place when used on most standard doors, and interestingly, this door knob cover comes with holes for accessing doors. Its locking push buttons makes operating this door very easy, and adults will have no issue with turning and gripping this door knob. Children will have a hard time trying to turn a door knob with this door knob cover on it, and reusing this door knob cover is possible. Reusing this door knob cover makes it easy for parents to move it from one door knob to another. Finally, installing and removing this door knob doesn’t require the use of special tools.
- This door knob cover is functional
- Its installation is a fast and easy process
- It prevents toddlers from sneaking from one room to another
- Some parents complained this door knob cover feels too flimsy
Ensuring your child’s safety is the crucial reason why you need the best child proof door knob cover, so it is very essential that you check the features of the products we have discussed in this guide. It will be a wise investment if you have child proof door knob covers installed on your door knobs to limit how freely your child explores or walks. Good luck.