It is heartbreaking for every parent to watch their little baby weep uncontrollably every night, and the fact that the weeping continues every night for weeks makes this scene unbearable for babies to watch. The unavoidable question pops up, ‘what could be the cause of this pitiable scene’? There are suggestions that the weeping might be as a result of colic and gas, and if that is the case, what can be done to help deal with the situation. Pediatricians recommend the best formula for colic and gas as a solution to your baby crying every night, and even though there seems to be a solution, how can a parent identify a good formula for their baby. The presence of gas might prompt colic in babies, and gas and colic issues affects every little child at some stage in their life.
It doesn’t matter whether you breastfeed or bottle-feed your baby, and even though gassy issues affects babies at any age, it occurs frequently in young babies and newborn babies. This painful condition occurs mostly in a baby’s gut, at the age of one to four months, and in other cases, babies tend to suffer more from environmental factors, which also fuels more symptoms of gas in babies. A weeping attack in babies is considered as colic, and when it happens in infants, it comes in form of abdominal pain. This prevalent disorder is common in one out of five babies, and it happens during their first few months on earth.
There are so many reasons that causes a little baby to scream, and screaming could be as a result of cold, hunger, need to change diaper, heat, and tiredness. It doesn’t matter whether an infant is well taken care of, given a nice bath, or well fed, the baby might still end up weeping. The problem might be colic if your baby is healthy but goes on to cry uncontrollably, and for many parents, taking care of a baby suffering and struggling with colic can be very exhausting, overwhelming, challenging, heartbreaking, and draining. Physicians urge doctors to try to relax as colic stages in babies will pass, but finding the best formula for colic and gas still remains the ultimate solution.
Best Formula For Colic And Gas – Buying Guide And Recommendation
Some researchers are of the opinion that colic arises when food isn’t properly digested in the stomach of a little baby or if food moves too fast in a little baby’s stomach. However, there are other ideas that colic happens as a result of babies taking so much time to adapt to life on earth, while there are other people who think colic has something in common with a baby’s temperament. However, there are no clear lines to differentiate a baby crying as a result of colic from a baby crying naturally, but most doctors are of the opinion that colic weeping is different from that of a baby, as it goes on for about three hours or more.
Best Formula For Colic And Gas Review
1. Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula
The Enfamil Gentlease Infant Formula is one baby formula that has the clinical backing when it comes to dealing with fussiness, gas, and colic in babies, and this is one formula moms will be impressed with as it comes with easy to digest proteins that goes easy on your baby’s digestive system. In terms of nutrient, this formula contains the required DHA and other important nutrients for your baby’s brain development, and what we also like about this baby formula is it doesn’t contain harsh ingredients, but ingredients that will go gently on a baby’s sensitive tummy.
- It works well for babies with colic and gas
- It aids digestion in babies
- It goes gently on your little baby’s stomach
- Its seal was broken when delivered
- Parents complained about its bitter taste
2. Gerber Good Start Soothe (HMO) Non, GMO Powder Infant Formula
The Gerber Good Start Infant Powder Formula is another high-quality and highly recommended baby formula which boasts of having a soothing nutrition that helps in easing colic and gas, fussiness, excessive crying, and other discomforts in babies. This formula contains probiotics, prebiotics, and comfort proteins which increases the number of good bacteria in a baby’s body, making it a trustworthy product in calming down your baby’s uncomfortable tummy issues. This is a cool formula for babies that is being compared to breast milk, and it also boasts of having safe ingredients that will provide babies with great nutritional contents.
- There is lesser fussiness and spit-ups in babies who consume this formula
- It works effectively in healing the digestive system
- This formula helps baby say goodbye to constant screaming and crying
- Some parents claimed it caused constipation in babies
3. Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease Ready to Use Baby Formula
The next Enfamil product to find its way to this guide is the Enfamil NeuroPro Gentlease Baby Formula which provides babies with a fast relief action from fussiness, colic, crying, and gas, and you can count on this baby formula to provide babies with the right nutritional contents for their growth and development. Interestingly, this formula contains DHA which is found mostly in breast milk, and this tells you that this baby formula provides babies with a brain building nutrition unlike other baby formulas on the market. It doesn’t contain GMO, making it safe for your baby’s consumption, while its easy to digest proteins makes it your baby’s favorite baby formula.
- It is easy to take and digest
- It is convenient for babies
- It gets rid of stomach discomfort in babies
- It baby formula is overpriced
- It has a bitter taste
4. Enfamil Nutramigen Infant Formula
Up next to find its way to this well detailed guide is another baby formula from the Enfamil brand, and what we have here is the Enfamil Nutramigen Infant Formula which has been clinically proven to help babies suffering from colic and gas, fussiness, reflux, digestive issues, and other stomach issues. Providing relief to the conditions we have mentioned is what this baby formula is all about, and surprisingly, it comes with baby probiotics whihc helps in reducing future allergy in babies. This formula is free from lactose, making it the best choice for lactose intolerant babies, and it is well formulated to provide babies with the right amount of nutrition for about twelve months.
- It eradicates milk allergies
- It makes babies happy and deals with stomach discomfort in babies
- Impressive customer service
- Customers complained of a price hike in five days
- This product was poorly delivered
5. Similac Pro-Sensitive Non-GMO Infant Formula
The final formula we want to recommend for mothers is the Similac Pro-Sensitive Non-GMO Infant Formula which comes with the right blend of nutrients required for a baby’s brain development, and if your baby has a sensitive tummy, trust this baby formula to go gently on it. Eliminating colic, gas, fussiness, and stomach upset in babies is what this baby formula helps parents achieve, and coming in a 1.41 pound container provides babies with up to a month supply. This baby formula is recommended by pediatricians, while its safe ingredient combination makes it the safest and excellent choice for babies.
- It came nicely and neatly packaged
- It has a soft smell
- It gets rid of stomach discomforts in babies
- Buyers claimed this product is different from the one at Walmart
Symptoms And Causes Of Colic
Doctors are yet to find out the main cause of colic in babies, but physicians were of the idea that babies suffering colic are intolerant to cow milk. However, that idea changed when breastfed babies ended up suffering colic too, but babies that are being breastfed are at an advantage because of the nutritional modifications of a breast milk, which helps in providing natural relief for colic. Quitting cow milk and getting rid of caffeine brings about a positive change that ends up providing babies with comfort. Listed below are few scenarios that can trigger colic in babies.
- A sensitive temperament that causes babies to desire attention.
- Mothers who have smoked during pregnancy or childbirth might cause colic in their babies.
- If a baby isn’t well fed or feels very hungry.
- Babies that are bottle-fed might be intolerant to some certain enzymes a formula carries or contains.
- If a baby is fed in a rush.
- If a baby is overfed.
How can you tell when your baby is suffering from colic. There are few symptoms to alert parents their child is being affected by colic, and these symptoms are listed below.
- Despite being well-fed, a baby ends up crying uncontrollably for several hours and for no apparent reason.
- If a baby cries mostly at night or during a particular time of the day.
- If a baby cries for about three hours everyday, three times a week, and it goes on for about three weeks.
- If a baby makes more noise than usual, especially a high-pitched noise which is higher than in healthy babies.
- Despite rocking and feeding your baby, your little baby refuses soothing.
Considerations When Shopping For The Best Formula For Colic And Gas
In this section, we will be talking about some essential features every parent needs to consider when shopping for a suitable baby formula.
- Parents should shop for formulas that are easy to digest, and this refers to formulas that are easily broken down by babies. They also get dissolved easily in the stomach.
- Formulas with limited lactose quantity is suitable for babies that are lactose intolerant. It is either the formula doesn’t have lactose at all, or it is lactose deficient.
- Since every parent want what’s best for their babies, a formula with the right vitamin and nutrient balance is a wise choice.
- Formulas that are in ready to eat form are highly recommended for babies with colic and gas.
Babies are considered to be every parent’s little angel, so looking after them is what every parent is tasked to do. When a child struggles with colic and gas, it isn’t just the baby that is affected but the parents as well, and to give everyone the peace of mind and rest they deserve, trust the formula for colic and gas that we have talked about in this guide to provides babies with the instant relief that they desire. Formulas with DHA are highly recommended, as they are essential for brain development in babies.